Garage Fire on Deer Park Road
 
By Public Information Officer Bruce Bouch
March 26, 2017
 

At 2:40 p.m., crews from Gamber and Reese Volunteer Fire Departments were initially alerted for a large shed fire at 646 Deer Park Road in Westminster. Engine 131 from Gamber was first to arrive on the scene and set up command with a working fire at the location involving a 24' x 30' detached garage. A compliment of apparatus and firefighters arrived to assist with extinguishment efforts to include a requested tanker task force to ensure plenty of water was at the scene. Crews made an aggressive attack on the blaze that also caused damage to a deck with an above ground swimming pool and a large camper trailer located next to the structure. Some radiant heat damage was also observed to the home on the opposite side of the swimming pool. The blaze was brought under control in 20 minutes after the initial call for service to 911. No injuries were reported during the incident.

Investigators from the Office of the State Fire Marshal responded to the scene and confirmed the accidental fire was caused when the property owner was performing cutting operations on a vehicle and errant sparks ignited combustibles on the vehicle and subsequently caught the wood framed structure on fire. Damage estimates to the structures and contents is estimated at $100,000.

Video courtesy of Terry Doyle.

 
Units: Engine 131, Engine 134, Engine Tanker 133
 
Mutual Aid: Engine 91, Engine 92, Rescue Squad 9, Tanker 14 and Tanker 6
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption