Two Animals Perish in Fire
 
By Firefighter Dylan Baker
September 2, 2017
 

Gamber and Community Fire Company along with surrounding companies were alerted on Friday, September 9th at 4:42 pm. for a house fire.

Engine 134 was first on the scene and reported a house charged with smoke. It was found that the washer dryer combo was the start of the fire with most of it extinguished before arrival. The radiant heat did do damage to the upstairs bedroom above the laundry. Crews removed the washer/dryer and ventilated the house along with overhaul. Two (2) cats were found in the basement and despite resuscitation efforts, perished in the fire.

 
Units: Engine 134, Engine-Tanker 133, Brush 135, Medic 139
 
Mutual Aid: Winfield: Engine 142, Tanker 14; Sykesville: Tower 12, Engine 124; Westminster: Engine 31
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
Above bedroom damage due to radiant heat
Above bedroom damage due to radiant heat
No Caption