Gamber and Community Fire Company along with surrounding companies were alerted on Friday, September 9th at 4:42 pm. for a house fire.
Engine 134 was first on the scene and reported a house charged with smoke. It was found that the washer dryer combo was the start of the fire with most of it extinguished before arrival. The radiant heat did do damage to the upstairs bedroom above the laundry. Crews removed the washer/dryer and ventilated the house along with overhaul. Two (2) cats were found in the basement and despite resuscitation efforts, perished in the fire.