We are accepting applications for Part-Time EVOD positions for 24 hours/7 days a week.
Work schedule: 10 hours Day shifts from 0700 to 1700; 14 hours Night shifts from 1700 to 0700.
Enrollment in Aflac
Responds to emergency calls to protect life and property; combats, extinguishes and prevents fires; drives emergency apparatus, participates in rescue extrication
operations and provides emergency medical care to the sick; and performs related work as required.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
This position has a range of responsibilities determined by the call volume during any given shift. When on duty you can be called upon to provide emergency
medical care, firefighting activities, acting as an officer in the absence of a fire line officer, and driving emergency vehicles to include an emergency ambulance or
fire apparatus. In addition you could be called upon to attend training sessions and participate in drills, perform housekeeping tasks in the fire station and on the
grounds of fire station, utilizing computers and other related equipment, maintains records as necessary and complete incident reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of fire suppression, emergency medical and rescue methods.
2. Knowledge of the correct method and techniques and carrying required tools, appliances and equipment.
3. Knowledge of applicable department policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
4. Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions involving with firefighting and rescue activities and the ability to implement them
during emergency situations
5. Ability to perform physically arduous work in adverse conditions
6. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, volunteer personnel as well as general public
Minimum Education, Certification, and / or Registration
1. High school graduate or G.E.D
2. Minimum Twenty-One years of age
3. Maryland State License Emergency Medical Technician
4. Firefighter I, Hazardous Material Operation, Emergency Vehicle Operator Class, Pump Class, NIMS (100, 200, 700, 800) and
Fire Officer I
5. Must possess and maintain Class B driver’s license with clean driving record at time of application and at all times during
employment. If your status changes at any time during employment you must notify the paid supervisor immediately.
Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and Carroll County Physical
It is the policy of Gamber & Community Fire Company to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
All applications should be received by January 31, 2018.
If you are interested in applying please complete an application accessible at www.gambervfd.org or send a resume and all credentials to:
Gamber & Community Fire Company
Attention Paid Supervisor
3838 Niner Road
Finksburg, MD 21048