We are seeking applications for Full-Time & Part-Time Paramedic Positions
Work Schedule: F/T: 24 hours’ On-Duty/72 hours’ Off-Duty on a shift rotation
P/T: 10 Hours Day Shift, 14 Hours Night Shift
Responds to emergency calls to protect life and property; combats, extinguishes and prevents fires; drives emergency apparatus; participates in rescue extrication operations and provides advanced and basic emergency medical care to the sick and injured; and performs related work as required.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
This position has a range of responsibilities determined by the call volume during any given shift. When on duty you could be called upon to provide emergency medical care, firefighting activities, and driving emergency vehicles to include an emergency ambulance and other fire apparatus as needed. In addition, you could be called upon to attend training sessions and participate in drills, perform housekeeping tasks in the fire station and on the grounds of fire station, utilizing computers and other related equipment, maintain records as necessary, and complete incident reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of fire suppression, emergency medical and rescue methods.
2. Knowledge of the correct method and techniques and carrying required tools, appliances and equipment.
3. Knowledge of applicable department policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
4. Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions involving with firefighting and rescue activities and the ability to implement them during emergency situations
5. Ability to perform physically arduous work in adverse conditions
6. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, volunteer personnel as well as the public.
• Simple IRA
• Enrollment in Aflac
• Full-Time employees would have additional benefits.
Minimum Education, Certification, and /or Registration:
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• Twenty-One years of age
• National Registry Paramedic (Preferred)
• Maryland State Licensed Advanced Life Support Provider (Paramedic/CRT)
• Carroll County, MD Advanced Life Support Provider
• Firefighter I (Preferred)
• Hazardous Material Operations Training
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Class
• National Incident Management System training (100, 200, 700, 800)
• Must maintain Local and Maryland State ALS Licensure while employed with Gamber & Community Fire Company
• Must possess and maintain Class C driver’s license with clean driving record at time of application and at all times during employment.
• If your status changes at any time during employment you must notify the paid supervisor immediately.
• Copy of State Driving Record Required
• Letter of Driving Experience from prior agency
• Must Obtain or Maintain Advanced Life Support Affiliation with Carroll County, MD Emergency Medical Services.
• Must Complete and pass the Carroll County Advanced Life Support Quality Assurance Testing and Process
• Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation & Fingerprinting and Fire Department Medical Physical
• It is the policy of Gamber & Community Fire Company to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
All applications should be received by August 4, 2018.
If you are interested in applying, please complete an application, a resume, and all credentials to and mail application & certifications to:
Gamber & Community Fire Company
Attention Paid Supervisor
3838 Niner Road
Finksburg, MD 21048
Email application & certifications or resume to:
**Applications are kept on file for one year from the date of the Application **